Is it the ideal time to increase our investment in online Marketing and Advertising?
The marketing landscape is changing at a pace never before seen. Facebook and Twitter are gaining more popularity every day, as we have never seen with other platforms; Smartphones are being sold like hot cakes and new forms of advertising are constantly being developed to reach 21st century consumers.
Given these changes, what is the following for online marketing? Where is the market? These are very interesting questions for those who try to reach consumers, get their attention and know their behavior.
As we can see, we are at an ideal time to address the current trends in advertising and online marketing with our business. The figures speak only
Forecasts Marketing and Online Advertising
- Spending on online advertising will exceed the barrier of 100 million dollars in 2013
- Advertising spending on social media will reach $ 8.3 billion in 2015
- 79% of advertisers will spend at least 25% of their budget on video-based advertising
- Internet will become the second largest medium for advertising investment in 2013
Social Networks and Social Media
- 1 in 13 people on the planet are active users of Facebook and half of them enter daily
- 13% of adults use Twitter and half access from their Smartphones
- 71% of US Internet users are on Facebook
- Those over 35 years of age represent more than 30% of the complete database
- Facebook display ads have a conversion of less than half compared to Google
- For 60% of professionals, LinkedIn is the most important social network
- 80% of Twitter advertisers renew their advertising bet
- 78% of small businesses will invest more in Social Media Marketing
- 48% of people between 18 and 34 check Facebook mobile when they wake up. 28% say they see their Smartphones before getting up
- 43% of Twitter users access their profiles through their mobile phones
- Between 2006 and 2008 the average number of monthly SMS increased by 549%, between 65 and 357. Currently, about 700 are sent monthly
- 2 weeks before Christmas Smartphones sales doubled to the total of Christmas 2009